It’s right here in our own backyard! Breast Cancer Cognitive Rehabilitation Study
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of a rehabilitation group intervention program for breast cancer survivors who are experiencing memory loss and concentration problems associated with cancer treatments. About 60 women will take part in the study.Who Can Participate? You can sign up for the Breast Cancer Cognitive Rehabilitation Study if you meet ALL of these MAIN criteria:
• You are a woman between the ages of 21-65.
• You have been diagnosed with Stage I, II, or III breast cancer.
• You were diagnosed with breast cancer between 18 months and 5 years ago.
• You have completed your primary treatments (surgery and, if needed, radiation and/or chemotherapy), and are currently disease free (it is OK if you are on endocrine therapy, such as tamoxifen or an aromatase inhibitor).
• You do not have a personal history of any other cancer besides breast cancer.
• You are experiencing cognitive problems (for example, memory loss and concentration problems) that interfere with your everyday activities.
• You are able to read and write English.
• You live in the Los Angeles area and are willing and able to drive to UCLA to attend 5 weekly group sessions and participate in a pre-visit and two follow-up visits.
For more info, please follow the link above!